Attorneys in C&G’s international trade group guide our clients through the often fraught intersection of global law, policy, and regulations. Our cross-border and multidisciplinary team collaborates efficiently to understand our clients’ needs, challenges, and risks in order to provide culturally sensitive and strategically-tailored solutions.
The head of our international trade practice, Miriam González Durántez, has over a decade of experience leading world-class international trade practices and spent seven years at the European Commission as a Senior Member of the Cabinet for two EU External Relations Commissioners, focusing on trade policy and EU relations with the U.S., Middle East, and Latin America. She also served as the EU negotiator for the World Trade Organization (WTO) telecoms agreement and led negotiations for EU bilateral and WTO accession agreements on e-commerce and energy, postal, and construction services.
Our team also includes highly experienced former U.S. federal and state prosecutors, former U.K. and French prosecutors, and defense counsel. Attorneys in our European and U.S. offices work closely together in assisting clients in cross-border investigations, and have extensive experience advising clients on international cooperation, anti-bribery laws, and U.S. and EU economic sanctions.
Some of the areas in which we advise clients are:
- Anti-money laundering laws and regulations
- EU internal market regulations and infringement proceedings
- Export controls
- Foreign investment proceedings
- International and EU trade policy
- International cooperation and anti-corruption/anti-bribery laws
- International trade agreements
- Trade compliance and investigations
- U.S. economic/OFAC sanctions and EU economic sanctions
- WTO and EU internal market regulations