Opened in 2018, Cohen & Gresser’s London office provides legal services to clients around the world. The London office represents investment managers, financial institutions, global companies, family offices, and individuals in a variety of disciplines. On the transactional side, we represent clients in all aspects of investing and investments, restructurings, and divestitures. The UK commercial litigation team advises on a wide range of cross-border disputes, and are well-versed in funds, financial services, and insurance litigation in a number of jurisdictions, including offshore jurisdictions. Our UK white collar defense and investigations team represents entities and individuals in complex economic crime, investigations, and regulatory matters. The London office works closely across practices with colleagues in New York and Paris, providing seamless support on sophisticated cross-border matters.
Partner Jeffrey M Bronheim leads the London office and has over 25 years of experience representing fund managers and alternative investment vehicles, in addition to advising on the first NYSE hedge fund manager IPO. The former general counsel of a premier diversified UK hedge fund manager, Jeff is licensed to practice in both the UK and in New York and has worked in financial services firms in the UK, U.S., and Spain.
- Regulatory Investigations and Corporate Crime (Advice to Corporates)
- Fraud: White-Collar Crime (Advice to Individuals)
- Commercial Litigation: Mid-Market
- John Gibson: Commercial Litigation: Mid-Market; Fraud: White-Collar Crime (Advice to Individuals); Regulatory Investigations and Corporate Crime (Advice to Corporates)
- Richard Kovalevsky QC: Commercial Litigation: Mid-Market; Fraud: White-Collar Crime (Advice to Individuals); Regulatory Investigations and Corporate Crime (Advice to Corporates)
- Jumana Rahman: Commercial Litigation: Mid-Market
- Thomas Shortland: Commercial Litigation: Mid-Market; Regulatory Investigations and Corporate Crime (Advice to Corporates)
- Tim Harris: Fraud: White-Collar Crime (Advice to Individuals); Regulatory Investigations and Corporate Crime (Advice to Corporates)
International law firm Cohen & Gresser today announced that Richard Kovalevsky QC, a distinguished barrister and Queen’s Counsel, will join the firm’s White Collar Defense & Regulation group as a partner in its London office. As head of Criminal Defense for the London office, Richard’s hire will bolster Cohen & Gresser’s highly-regarded White Collar Defense practice and strengthen the firm’s ability to provide clients with sophisticated and strategic guidance on the most complex government and internal investigations.
Miriam González is quoted in Law360 regarding the latest Brexit developments, noting that "sympathy appears to be growing in the EU for a longer postponement."
Cohen & Gresser announces the appointment of Pere Puig Folch as Consulting Director of Data Strategy. Pere will work from the firm’s London office and support Cohen & Gresser’s operations worldwide.
Pere will oversee the expansion of Cohen & Gresser’s technology capabilities and the introduction of advanced machine learning techniques for use in Big Data litigation and investigations. He will work closely with Thomas Powers, the firm’s e-Discovery Manager based in New York. Together, they will collaborate with external IT and data vendors to design innovative case-work data strategies.
John W Gibson and Miriam González Durántez discuss the parallels between the early enforcement of the Bribery Act 2010 and the UK Office of Financial Sanctions Implementation's first monetary penalty.
Miriam González Durántez and John W Gibson discuss the deal and no-deal implications for finance and sanctions following a “Brexit” in The Law Society Gazette.