Oliver Haker has experience representing corporations and individuals in a broad range of civil litigation, commercial disputes, and white collar criminal, SEC, and other regulatory enforcement matters. He has represented clients in connection with allegations of securities fraud, insider trading, theft of trade secrets, and professional misconduct, amongst other issues. Oliver has conducted sensitive internal investigations and represented major investment companies and broker-dealers in FINRA enforcement investigations and arbitrations regarding structured investment vehicles. Oliver has also represented clients in a number of environmental matters. He has been named one of New York’s Super Lawyers for business litigation. Oliver is an adjunct professor at the Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law in New York City, where he teaches a course on contract drafting.
Prior to joining the firm, Oliver practiced with Latham & Watkins LLP. He is a graduate of New York University School of Law and received his Bachelor’s Degree, summa cum laude, from the University of Pennsylvania.
Oliver Haker has experience representing corporations and individuals in a broad range of civil litigation, commercial disputes, and white collar criminal, SEC, and other…
New York University School of Law (J.D. 2002); University of Pennsylvania (B.A., summa cum laude, 1999)
New York State; Connecticut State; U.S. District Courts for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York
Activities and Affiliations
Adjunct Professor, Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law
Member, American Bar Association
Member, New York State Bar Association
Member, New York City Bar Association
Representation of broker-dealer in multiple FINRA arbitration matters.
Representation of limited liability companies in minority shareholder disputes.
Representation of national real estate developer in commercial dispute with consortium of lenders.
Representation of investment bank in litigation concerning multiple security sales.
Representation of international apparel manufacturer in litigation resulting from acquisition.
Representation of airline in commercial dispute related to aircraft leases.Read More
White Collar Defense & Regulation
Representation of leading renewable energy development company in a DOJ and SEC investigations regarding potential federal securities law violations.
Representation of hedge fund in a private insider trading case.
Representation of international accounting firm in internal and regulatory investigations, including SEC and PCAOB investigations.
Representation of international biopharmaceutical company in connection with internal investigation.
Representation of Tibetan refugees petitioning for asylum in the United States.
Representation of Brooklyn community board in zoning variance dispute.
Represention of Panamanian juvenile petitioning for Special Immigrant Juvenile Status in the United States.
Super Lawyers named C&G cofounder Mark S. Cohen one of the Top 10 lawyers in the New York metropolitan area. Partners Jonathan S. Abernethy and Karen H. Bromberg have also been named to the Super Lawyers list of the Top 100 lawyers in the New York metropolitan area. Additionally, Karen has been recognized as one of the Top 50 women lawyers within the same region.
Super Lawyers and Rising Stars are annual lists of outstanding lawyers who have attained a high degree of peer recognition and professional achievement. Only 5 percent of the lawyers in each state are selected as Super Lawyers, and only 2.5 percent are selected as Rising Stars.
The C&G lawyers recognized on the New York Metro Super Lawyers list are:
- Jonathan S. Abernethy, Criminal Defense: White Collar
- Kwaku Andoh, Mergers & Acquisitions
- Luke Appling, Civil Litigation: Defense
- Elizabeth Bernhardt, Business Litigation
- Colin C. Bridge, Criminal Defense: White Collar
- Karen H. Bromberg, Intellectual Property
- Jason Brown, Criminal Defense: White Collar
- Damir Cefo, Intellectual Property Litigation
- Joanna K. Chan, Securities Litigation
- Mark S. Cohen, Business Litigation
- S. Gale Dick, Business Litigation
- Christian R. Everdell, Criminal Defense: White Collar
- Robert J. Gavigan, Mergers & Acquisitions
- Lawrence T. Gresser, Business Litigation
- Oliver S. Haker, Business Litigation
- Johannes Jonas, Mergers & Acquisitions
- Nicholas J. Kaiser, Real Estate
- Jeffrey I. Lang, Civil Litigation: Defense
- David F. Lisner, Business Litigation
- Ellen Paltiel, General Litigation
- Douglas J. Pepe, Business Litigation
- Matthew V. Povolny, Business Litigation
- Nathaniel P. T. Read, Business Litigation
- Bonnie J. Roe, Securities & Corporate Finance
- Stephen M. Sinaiko, Business Litigation
- Mark Spatz, Civil Litigation: Defense
- C. Evan Stewart, Securities Litigation
- Daniel H. Tabak, Business Litigation
- Scott D. Thomson, Business Litigation
- Alexandra Wald, Business Litigation
The C&G lawyers recognized on the New York Metro Rising Stars list are:
- Sharon L. Barbour, Criminal Defense: White Collar
- Randall W. Bryer, Business Litigation
- Shannon A. Daugherty, Business Litigation
- Drew S. Dean, General Litigation
- Jesse Greenwald, Criminal Defense: White Collar
- Christine M. Jordan, General Litigation
- William Kalema, Business Litigation
- Sri Kuehnlenz, Civil Litigation: Defense
- Marvin J. Lowenthal, Criminal Defense: White Collar
- Barbara K. Luse, Criminal Defense: White Collar
- Benjamin Zhu, General Litigation
A dissection of the standards which govern the valuation of private equity assets and the impacts of recent legal developments.