Christine M. Jordan is an associate in Cohen & Gresser’s New York office and a member of the firm’s Litigation & Arbitration practice group. Christine has represented financial institutions, corporations, and individuals in complex litigation before federal and state courts. Christine has experience in disputes in areas such as M&A, securities, contracts, real estate, and bankruptcy.
Super Lawyers has recognized Christine as a Rising Star for general litigation.
Prior to joining Cohen & Gresser, Christine was a litigation associate at Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP in New York. She also served as a law clerk for the Honorable P. Kevin Castel of the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York.
Christine is a magna cum laude graduate of Cornell Law School, where she was the senior articles editor for the Cornell Law Review and a member of the Order of the Coif. At Cornell, Christine was also the recipient of the Rosenbloom Prize for excellence in law and finance and the Kelly Memorial Prize for best exemplifying the qualities of scholarship, fair play, and good humor. She is a graduate of Columbia University, Columbia College, where she received a Bachelor of Arts in English and Psychology.
Christine M. Jordan is an associate in Cohen & Gresser’s New York office and a member of the firm’s Litigation & Arbitration practice group.…
Cornell Law School (J.D., magna cum laude, 2017); Columbia University, Columbia College (B.A., 2012)
New York State; U.S. District Courts for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York; U.S. Courts of Appeals for the Second and Third Circuits
Activities and Affiliations
Member, Federal Bar Council American Inn of Court and First Decade Committee
Super Lawyers named C&G cofounder Mark S. Cohen one of the Top 10 lawyers in the New York metropolitan area. Partners Jonathan S. Abernethy and Karen H. Bromberg have also been named to the Super Lawyers list of the Top 100 lawyers in the New York metropolitan area. Additionally, Karen has been recognized as one of the Top 50 women lawyers within the same region.
Super Lawyers and Rising Stars are annual lists of outstanding lawyers who have attained a high degree of peer recognition and professional achievement. Only 5 percent of the lawyers in each state are selected as Super Lawyers, and only 2.5 percent are selected as Rising Stars.
The C&G lawyers recognized on the New York Metro Super Lawyers list are:
- Jonathan S. Abernethy, Criminal Defense: White Collar
- Kwaku Andoh, Mergers & Acquisitions
- Luke Appling, Civil Litigation: Defense
- Elizabeth Bernhardt, Business Litigation
- Colin C. Bridge, Criminal Defense: White Collar
- Karen H. Bromberg, Intellectual Property
- Jason Brown, Criminal Defense: White Collar
- Joanna K. Chan, Securities Litigation
- Mark S. Cohen, Business Litigation
- S. Gale Dick, Business Litigation
- Christian R. Everdell, Criminal Defense: White Collar
- Robert J. Gavigan, Mergers & Acquisitions
- Lawrence T. Gresser, Business Litigation
- Oliver S. Haker, Business Litigation
- Johannes Jonas, Mergers & Acquisitions
- Nicholas J. Kaiser, Real Estate
- Jeffrey I. Lang, Civil Litigation: Defense
- David F. Lisner, Business Litigation
- Ellen Paltiel, General Litigation
- Douglas J. Pepe, Business Litigation
- Matthew V. Povolny, Business Litigation
- Nathaniel P. T. Read, Business Litigation
- Bonnie J. Roe, Securities & Corporate Finance
- Stephen M. Sinaiko, Business Litigation
- Mark Spatz, Civil Litigation: Defense
- C. Evan Stewart, Securities Litigation
- Daniel H. Tabak, Business Litigation
- Scott D. Thomson, Business Litigation
- Alexandra Wald, Business Litigation
The C&G lawyers recognized on the New York Metro Rising Stars list are:
- Sharon L. Barbour, Criminal Defense: White Collar
- Randall W. Bryer, Business Litigation
- Shannon A. Daugherty, Business Litigation
- Drew S. Dean, General Litigation
- Jesse Greenwald, Criminal Defense: White Collar
- Christine M. Jordan, General Litigation
- William Kalema, Business Litigation
- Sri Kuehnlenz, Civil Litigation: Defense
- Marvin J. Lowenthal, Criminal Defense: White Collar
- Barbara K. Luse, Criminal Defense: White Collar
- Benjamin Zhu, General Litigation
In this C&G Client Alert, Daniel H Tabak, Randall W Bryer and Christine M Jordan explore the background of the amendment and the recent case law interpreting the revised Bankruptcy Code section. The authors conclude with practical advice for defendants amid the continued uncertainty.