Kwaku Andoh is a partner at Cohen & Gresser and the head of the firm’s M&A practice and its Africa practice. He regularly advises on domestic and international mergers and acquisitions, strategic investments, joint ventures and other corporate transactions, as well as general corporate counseling. Kwaku has substantial experience in deal negotiation and documentation across a broad spectrum of industries, including information technology, biotechnology, consumer products, energy and commodities, and the financial services sector. Kwaku is recognized as one of New York’s Super Lawyers for mergers and acquisitions.
Prior to joining the firm, Kwaku served as Managing Director & Associate General Counsel of JPMorgan Chase, where he advised on over $10 billion in mergers and acquisitions transactions, investments in FinTech startups, and venture capital transactions for all JPMorgan Chase lines of business worldwide.
Previously, Kwaku practiced with Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP in New York and Fenwick & West LLP in Palo Alto, where he focused primarily on cross-border mergers and acquisitions and other corporate transactions. He is a graduate of Stanford Law School, where he was Notes Editor for the Stanford Law Review and Associate Managing Editor of the Stanford Journal of International Law. Kwaku has a Master’s Degree in Economics from Boston University and he received his undergraduate degree in Economics, cum laude, from Gustavus Adolphus College.
Kwaku Andoh is a partner at Cohen & Gresser and the head of the firm’s M&A practice and its Africa practice. He regularly advises…
Stanford Law School (J.D., 1992); Boston University (M.A., Economics, 1989); Gustavus Aldophus College (B.A., cum laude, 1986)
New York State
Activities and Affiliations
Board of Trustees, Ascend Public Charter Schools
Advisory Board Member, International Gas Flare Utilization & Monetization Conference 2019
Member, Law360’s Mergers & Acquisitions Editorial Advisory Board
Super Lawyers named C&G cofounder Mark S. Cohen one of the Top 10 lawyers in the New York metropolitan area. Partners Jonathan S. Abernethy and Karen H. Bromberg have also been named to the Super Lawyers list of the Top 100 lawyers in the New York metropolitan area. Additionally, Karen has been recognized as one of the Top 50 women lawyers within the same region.
Super Lawyers and Rising Stars are annual lists of outstanding lawyers who have attained a high degree of peer recognition and professional achievement. Only 5 percent of the lawyers in each state are selected as Super Lawyers, and only 2.5 percent are selected as Rising Stars.
The C&G lawyers recognized on the New York Metro Super Lawyers list are:
- Jonathan S. Abernethy, Criminal Defense: White Collar
- Kwaku Andoh, Mergers & Acquisitions
- Luke Appling, Civil Litigation: Defense
- Elizabeth Bernhardt, Business Litigation
- Colin C. Bridge, Criminal Defense: White Collar
- Karen H. Bromberg, Intellectual Property
- Jason Brown, Criminal Defense: White Collar
- Damir Cefo, Intellectual Property Litigation
- Joanna K. Chan, Securities Litigation
- Mark S. Cohen, Business Litigation
- S. Gale Dick, Business Litigation
- Christian R. Everdell, Criminal Defense: White Collar
- Robert J. Gavigan, Mergers & Acquisitions
- Lawrence T. Gresser, Business Litigation
- Oliver S. Haker, Business Litigation
- Johannes Jonas, Mergers & Acquisitions
- Nicholas J. Kaiser, Real Estate
- Jeffrey I. Lang, Civil Litigation: Defense
- David F. Lisner, Business Litigation
- Ellen Paltiel, General Litigation
- Douglas J. Pepe, Business Litigation
- Matthew V. Povolny, Business Litigation
- Nathaniel P. T. Read, Business Litigation
- Bonnie J. Roe, Securities & Corporate Finance
- Stephen M. Sinaiko, Business Litigation
- Mark Spatz, Civil Litigation: Defense
- C. Evan Stewart, Securities Litigation
- Daniel H. Tabak, Business Litigation
- Scott D. Thomson, Business Litigation
- Alexandra Wald, Business Litigation
The C&G lawyers recognized on the New York Metro Rising Stars list are:
- Sharon L. Barbour, Criminal Defense: White Collar
- Randall W. Bryer, Business Litigation
- Shannon A. Daugherty, Business Litigation
- Drew S. Dean, General Litigation
- Jesse Greenwald, Criminal Defense: White Collar
- Christine M. Jordan, General Litigation
- William Kalema, Business Litigation
- Sri Kuehnlenz, Civil Litigation: Defense
- Marvin J. Lowenthal, Criminal Defense: White Collar
- Barbara K. Luse, Criminal Defense: White Collar
- Benjamin Zhu, General Litigation
Francisco Partners, which specializes in partnering with technology and technology-enabled businesses, soon after merged the two acquired entities to create TS Imagine, a dynamic end-to-end trading and portfolio management software platform that is now used by 500 financial institutions worldwide. In awarding the “Deal of the Year” distinction, the magazine praised the deal’s formation of a “singular company poised for growth across both the buy and sell-side.”
The C&G team representing Imagine Software included Lawrence T Gresser, Kwaku Andoh, Karen H Bromberg, Bonnie J Roe, Nicholas J Kaiser, Ronald F Wick, Alexandra K Theobald, and Drew S Dean. Learn more about the deal in Francisco Partners’ press release and C&G’s news alert.
Mergers & Acquisitions, founded in 1965, is the oldest trade brand for the dealmaker community and is where private equity professionals, strategic acquirers and advisors turn for news, analysis, data and community around deals and dealmakers.
Cohen & Gresser has also hosted writers such as Yaa Gyasi, author of the novels Homegoing and Transcendent Kingdom, Zia Haider Rahman, author of In the Light of What We Know, and Fatima Farheen Mirza, author of A Place for Us.
Kwaku Andoh participated on the "Law, Industrialization & Technology in Africa" panel at the 16th Annual Columbia University African Economic Forum.